Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Which Golden Book Are You?

We love reading at our house. It's no surprise -- I am a teacher, after all. For baby showers people brought books for the girls in lieu of cards. We received so many classics and new favorites.
My favorites have always been the Little Golden Books. You know the ones, they have the gold binding. 
Well, recently I have developed a theory that you can tell a lot about a someone's personality just by knowing their favorite Little Golden Book. Think about it once...




  • Poky Little Puppy -- This is a favorite by many. These people don't rush into things. They like to sit back, analyze the situation, and wait to see how thing turn out for those that jump in head first. I like these people. I have some friends that are these people. This is not my favorite.
  • Tootle -- These people are determined. They have learned to keep their heads down and eyes on the track. They are rule followers. Many would think I would fit in nicely here, but I don't. I have a thing for the "road not taken" sometimes.
  • Scuffy the Tugboat -- I think that these might be "the grass is always greener on the other side" kind of people. Scuffy wanted out of that bathtub so badly but when he got out all he could think of is getting back to home....not me at all.
  • The Little Red Caboose -- These are my friends that long to be in the limelight but do great things behind the scenes. I think I am too in-your-face for that.
See what I mean? I bet you are starting to look at your favorite a little differently, maybe re-analyzing your selection?!


What's my favorite? Well, I did save the best for last. The Little Red Hen. She has all of these great friends but when it comes time to get the work done, they are all busy. She realizes that she can do it by herself. So at the end when it comes time to celebrate her hard work, she gets to say, "Screw all of you! I will enjoy this by myself!" Gosh, I love that Little Red Hen! 
Now, please don't take my selection as a slam against any of you. Those of you that know my personality well, recognize that I have some control issues. I will ask for help (on very rare occasions) but no one can ever seem to do it the way I want or at the exact moment that I want it done (I am a freak, I know). 


But, you gotta admit, doesn't it feel good to be that Little Red Hen sometimes and rub the fruits of your labor in everyone else's face?

No comments:

Post a Comment