Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Singing Through Everyday Life

This Mom can only take so much Wheels on the Bus, Pat-a-Cake, and even holiday favorites like Jingle Bells. Sometimes "hits" from my past pop into my head -- most of these need to be transformed into an edited version before I can sing them in front of my children. So I edit them alright!

Songs I have re-written to be more functional in my Mommy-Life:

(I wish I was more "techy" because I would just put the clips of the songs on here. But I am not, so these are the long versions. But you get the picture.)


It all started when I was trying to get PJs on at night and MC Hammer came to my head. Instead of "Stop! Hammer time!" I fired out, "Stop! Jamma Time!"



LMFAO Shots, Shots, Shots came to my head in a desperate moment when I was trying to get the girls out the door. They needed socks and shoes on but they were running in opposite directions and I couldn't catch them. So what comes to my head? I started singing: "Socks! Socks! Socks! Socks-Socks-Socks!"


Ludacris sings a song called Move B!@#$ Get Out the Way. This song comes in handy when we are running late in the morning. The new words (and Kate sings them on her own now) are "MOVE CARS GET OUT THE WAY! GET OUT THE WAY, CARS! GET OUT THE WAY!" Sometimes she adds, "Mama comin'!"


Call Me Maybe is sometimes used..."Hey! I just changed you! And this is crazy! You have poopy! Come here Baby!" I know. I have issues right?


My personal favorite: Taylor Swift's Mean. We don't have to change the words to this one at all! This is sung A LOT at our house because it always come to my head when the girls go in time-out. "Why ya gotta be so..." and Kate finishes it off with a smile and a "...MEAN!"

Now you have another look into my weird mind! Tell me someone else out there does this?!

No comments:

Post a Comment