Friday, March 23, 2012

Number 1

Some mornings I wake up and I have a pity party for myself. This is probably something that I should keep to myself, but you are all friends and family and I am sure at one time or another you've done the same thing. My pity party for one is usually just that -- I feel alone. I feel like no one wants to be with me. 


As I was getting ready for work -- Brent was already gone, Mary was not here, I was doing my "mothering" duties around the house-- I was starting to feel sorry for myself.
I don't feel like number 1 anymore in anyone's life. I feel like if my husband could hang out with someone else without experiencing the backlash from me, he would do that. I feel like my parents would rather be with their significant others. My siblings are busy. My friends would rather be with their families or other friends. Even my children are asking for someone else: Yaya (Grandma), Katty (sitter) and even the dah-ter (Kate is recently obsessed with the doctor).


Of course I am being dramatic and overly sensitive but I am entitled to that every once in awhile. Right?


And then, right there in the middle of my "party," I had an epiphany.


I wonder how many times a day I make God feel this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment