Friday, April 15, 2011

Don't Drink the Water!

When you finally make that decision to start trying to have children, you are all excited by the possibilities and the unknowns. When you realize you are going to struggle having children naturally, those possibilities and unknowns can become your biggest enemies.

While trying to start our family, all I could see around me were glowing pregnant women with their round little basketball-bellies and adorable infants with rosy pink cheeks. I became so obsessed with getting pregnant that it consumed my daily thoughts.

I work in a school and at the same time we started trying to have children several women at our school were blessed with pregnancy. They were so beautiful and happy when they shared the news that they were expecting. People would laugh and joke that, "There must be something in the water! Stay away from the water!" (Chuckle, Chuckle) All I could think about was, "GIVE ME THAT WATER! I will bathe in it if I have to!" 

Eventually my husband and I realized that something wasn't quite right and becoming parents the old-fashioned way wasn't really in our list of options. (This is where the story really starts...)

I would love to say that adoption was always on my heart as something that I had planned on doing, but it wasn't. I just knew I was going to be a mom. I didn't think about how I would become one!

No comments:

Post a Comment